Sunday, May 27, 2007

Game versus A's

Well Wednesday was another disappointment. We had to call the game after only 4 innings because we were blown out. The problem is that we scored only 1 run compared to the many we scored the last time we played the A's. Sure there were fielding miscues and mishaps. Sure our pitching could have been sharper, but that doesn’t get around the fact that we scored 1 run. Our bats have just died. I don’t know why it is and it’s incredibly frustrating. Steve also cost us a run by attempting to steal home with Noff’s little brother, who was playing for us. This kid was ill prepared for that demand and was tagged out easily, but would have scored when the batter hit a single. This isn’t the first time that this has happened and I did say something to him about how that wasn’t the right situation. However, what does 1 run matter in this context? Not a whole lot. The mystery of why our bats have just stopped is puzzling and frustrating to me and I wish I had the answer. My inadequacies as a baseball coach are showing through again which is a good deal of my frustration. Hopefully we’ll turn it around soon, as the season is rapidly drawing to a close and I’d like to have a successful playoff.

No comments: