Monday, December 10, 2007

Baseball Interview

Today Steve and I interviewed for a position as travel coaches for a U9 HP tournament baseball team. I frankly am NOT excited about the prospect at all. Practices start end of January/beginning of February. We then play our first tournament at the end of April, then on Memorial Day, and then have 3 more in June (so basically every weekend), one on July 4th weekend and then we’re done.

I am not excited because I don’t feel like my baseball skills are up to coaching a travel team. I am not excited because for a little under two months I will have a THIRD team I am going to be responsible for and am going to lose more of my already precious free time. I’m doing this because Steve is incredibly psyched about the prospect.

But maybe we won’t get the job. We interviewed with Brian (basketball boss for me) and Kevin (runs the baseball league Steve and I have volunteered in). I’m not sure how happy Brian was with us. Kevin? Kevin loved us. So my guess is I’ll get a call Friday offering us the job.

And so suddenly rather than having a relaxing winter break as I expected I’m going to be cramming for baseball.

No comments: