Sunday, September 23, 2007

HP Clinic 2

Had another HP clinic today. Attendance was pretty poor overall. Clinics, by their very nature, are focused on fundamentals, which I think is great. However, fundamentals also happen to be the thing I need to work on the most before I coach it. I don’t know what is going to be taught at any given clinic which limits my ability to really do my best. Fortunately I was able to coach rebounding today at my station which is good because I know how to rebound.

With attendance being so poor I didn’t get to see a lot of my team. However, I can tell you that Ben and Jon, my twins, are going to be kids I really like. I also know that Henry, who is the shortest or second shortest kid on the team, doesn’t deserve to be there. Henry has an older sibling, however, who plays well and I think they put him on the team because of that. Another coach also indicated that she had attitude problems from him. Nothing better than the untalented kid with attitude.

Overall though it was a nice clinic, but I’ll be excited when in two weeks I get to start practicing with my team rather than having someone else dictate what I’m doing.

No comments: