Saturday, November 11, 2006

Reader Izulde comments
Overall I'd have to say that you're way ahead of the curve relative to where you were with baseball and I think that has to really boost your confidence about flying solo.
Well we are ahead of where we were in baseball, I think. More on this topic in my next update.

Thanks for bring this up since I hadn't really talked about it. To be honest I miss doing this with someone. There have also certainly been things we can't do because there's only one of me. For instance I found a great transition drill but it requires two coaches and I would love to do some station work. In fact we might still do some station work later on in the season and just bring in some parents for the end of practice. There is a reason, however, that parents are not the coach of the travel team and it's a good reason which is also why I haven't allowed parents at practice.

Overall, however, while I am quite pleased with my decision to do this solo venture. It was the right choice, not to have a co-coach. I will, if I do this again, try and find an assistant coach.

But I will love the time, I know, when baseball comes around and I get Steve back to do the whole experience with.

No comments: