Monday, November 20, 2006

Reader nfg22 writes:
4 whole points in the second half? Thats unnaceptable...oh wait that was defense..J/k...Great game...honestly that is smothering defense. If you can keep the other team to an average of 4 points a quarter you should go undefeated...
I would agree that 4 points in the second half was terrific, though part of that was luck, as they had several open layups that they missed. I agree that if we can play defense like that it means we should be a contender in any game we play.

Reader Izulde writes

Fantastic first game! That kind of victory has to make you feel good, and I think it really showed off the importance of your conditioning them early on in the season. Now you can focus on the finer points.

Maybe try switching Lucas to a sub role if you get more guys in? Maybe if he's only in as a reserve, he'll gradually get more acclimated to the system and whatnot.
Lucas, as I believe I noted in Friday's practice report, will see limited playing time for the moment and, as mentioned, saw the least playing time. I have already made one adjustment keeping him at one position. I hope he'll learn that one position, where to start on offense, how to move with it, what kind of tricks to do guarding a man, etc. He's really the best fit to play center when Dante is out, but I had Jack playing there this game to try and simplify things for Lucas. I mean it's hard not to like the kid, since he finds me after every practice, and did so after the game, and said thanks. I'm sure his parents have him do it, but it sort of exemplifies the nice kid that he is, so hopefully he'll pick things up and be able to contribute fully to the team.

No comments: